SBF appoints cllr representatives to three positions:
Political Ambassador x 2
Terms of Reference
· To advise the Borough Council on the business communities' views on key policy issues, including the Borough's planning policies, as contained in its Local Plan, which is currently under review.
· To facilitate an exchange of ideas and information between local businesses, the Council and other organisations and to promote a greater understanding of the local economy.
· To promote Spelthorne as an attractive location for business.
· To raise awareness of the needs of local businesses and the factors affecting local economic growth and prosperity.
· To provide a focus for discussion and joint working on issues of mutual relevance - including unemployment and environmental issues.
· To develop links with local schools, adult education establishments and the TEC to ensure that the skills of the local labour market closely match the needs of local businesses.
· To investigate how Council services can be improved for the benefit of the local economy.
· To identify trends in local characteristics which may have consequences for the local economy.
Location: Council Offices or other by invitation
Phone: +441784 44 4224
+441784 44 4224