This organisation is an employers’ organisation for local authorities in the South East covering the geographical boundaries of Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, East Sussex, Hampshire, the Isle of Wight, Kent, Oxfordshire, Surrey and West Sussex. The boundary is co-terminus with the Government Office of the South East.
The aims and objectives of the organisation are:
· To be an active and influential Employers’ organisation for local government in the South/South East of England.
· Representing our Member Councils' collective interests at a national and regional level.
· Providing expert and local knowledge and advice on employee relations, organisational development, workforce planning, equality and diversity, recruitment and assessment, pay, grading and allowances, mediation and conflict resolution, performance management and appraisal systems.
· Providing seminars, development opportunities and events for Councillors, Managers, Human Resources and Health & Safety professionals, Democratic Services Officers, Scrutiny Officers, Local Strategic Partnership Managers and Practitioners.
· Representing the South East Region Employers' side on the SE Regional Joint Committee with local authority trade unions.
· Supporting Councils in achieving the SE Charter for Elected Member Development.
· Responding to consultation documents on relevant issues.
· Obtaining, collating and disseminating information to members regarding both employment in local government and general conditions of service and employment; including a survey on members’ allowances.
Location: London (Various)
Phone: 01962 840664
Spelthorne Borough Council is not responsible for the content of any external link