· To oversee the development and implementation of the Crime and Disorder Reduction Strategy
· To support the Implementation Group and Task Groups and monitor the overall implementation of the Strategy and detailed action plans to ensure that overall objectives and individual targets are met.
· To consider applications for funding for schemes related to the Crime and Disorder Reduction Strategy.
· As a part of a Communications Strategy to ensure that Partners are aware of National, Regional and County issues and to share information and ensure it is reflected in the local Strategy.
· To control and monitor the “pooled” Partnership Budget and to monitor all other Crime and Disorder budgets.
· To influence other agencies, resources regarding key Strategic objectives and action.
· To ensure that Partnership activities, initiatives and good practices, are promoted locally and at a County/National level.
· To ensure that the Partnership’s aims and objectives are linked to the Local Strategic Plan and the Community Plan and promote social inclusion.
· To monitor overall compliance with Section 17 of the Crime and Disorder Act 1998 by those agencies to which it applies.
· That voting rights belong to statutory Members of the Partnership only ie Police, Borough Council, County Council, Police authority, Fire and Rescue Service and Surrey PCT. (1 vote per member organisation)
· Performance Monitoring to be considered at each meeting.
Location: Spelthorne Council Offices, Knowle Green, Staines-upon-Thames
Paul Smith, Community Safety Officer
Phone: +441784 44 6322