Decision Maker: Corporate Policy and Resources Committee
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
1. Noted Surrey County Council’s existing governance structure and its relationship in terms of any future County Deal, and the role of this Spelthorne Borough Council within the structure.
2. Noted the composition of the Surrey Forum, the One Growth Surrey Board, the Greener Future Board, the Health and Wellbeing Board and the Surrey Delivery Board, and that they are already operational (with the only exception being Thriving Communities).
3. Noted the suggested timeline for the implementation of a County Deal (if one was agreed) of Spring 2023.
4. Agreed that Spelthorne Borough Council should provide full active engagement in exploring the potential benefits of a future County Deal, in accordance with paragraphs 4.5 – 4.8 of the report.
5. Agreed that the Terms of Reference of the Collaborative Working Group be amended in accordance with report, and that the membership of the Collaborative Working Group be reviewed at the next ordinary meeting of the Corporate Policy and Resources Committee.
6. Agreed that update reports be put to the Corporate Policy and Resources Committee setting out the current and future work of the Surrey Delivery Board.
Report author: Heather Morgan
Publication date: 25/04/2022
Date of decision: 20/04/2022
Decided at meeting: 20/04/2022 - Corporate Policy and Resources Committee