Decision Maker: Community Wellbeing and Housing Committee
Decision status: Implemented
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: Yes
The Committee resolved to
1) To endorse the Council’s approach to temporarily expanding the Community Centre’s provision to take account of the impact of current cost of living and energy crisis on our communities
2) To open at least one of our community centres for 6 days a week throughout the winter period, potentially from 1st October 2022 to 1st March 2023, utilising centre staff to provide the additional provision.
3) Offer a warm meal and hot take home options at a subsidy during the winter period.
4) Approve engagement cross departmentally to maximise resident options in relation to warm places, stay warm and energy efficiency support
5) Approve engagement with external stakeholders to maximise response package.
Report author: Stephen Mortimer-Cleevely
Publication date: 21/09/2022
Date of decision: 20/09/2022
Decided at meeting: 20/09/2022 - Community Wellbeing and Housing Committee
Effective from: 27/09/2022