Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Awaiting Implementation
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To consider the procurement of a provider to
run Harper House
(Paragraph 2 – Information relating to any individual)
Cabinet considered an exempt report on the procurement of a provider of housing management and resident support services at Harper House.
Alternative options considered, and rejected, by the Cabinet:
· Recruit internally to provide a housing management and resident support service in-house
· do nothing and manage Harper House on existing resources available to Housing
1. note the benefits of procuring a managed service provider to provide a housing management and resident support service at the rebuild Harper House;
2. authorise the Group Head for Community Wellbeing to determine the provider to be appointed, in consultation with the Corporate Procurement Manager, the Portfolio Holder for Community Wellbeing & Housing and the Chief Financial Officer; and
3. authorise the Head of Corporate Governance to enter into any legal documentation necessary to appoint the new provider.
Reason for Decision
To allow sufficient time to appoint the provider up to six months prior to the anticipated practical completion of the rebuilds, so as to be party to key decisions to be made on the furniture, fixtures and fittings, as well as the operational logistics of running the accommodation.
Report author: David Birley
Publication date: 07/11/2019
Date of decision: 06/11/2019
Decided at meeting: 06/11/2019 - Cabinet
Effective from: 15/11/2019