Venue: Council Chamber. Council Offices, Knowle Green, Staines-upon-Thames TW18 1XB
Contact: Gary Lelliott Email: email@example.com
Link: Information on viewing this meeting via YouTube or in the public gallery
Disclosures of Interest
To receive any disclosures of interest from Councillors in accordance with the Council’s Code of Conduct for Members.
There were no disclosures of interest.
Draft Local Plan and Staines Development Framework for consultation PDF 284 KB
This report is seeking the agreement of Council to move forward with the Pre-Submission Publication Version of the Local Plan and the draft Staines Development Framework.
View the papers that were considered by the Environment and Sustainability Committee on 26 April 2022.
It was proposed by Councillor I. Beardsmore and seconded by Councillor O. Rybinski and resolved that the Council:
1. Agree the Pre-Submission Publication Version of the Local Plan to be published for public consultation under Regulation 19 of the Town and Country Planning (Local Planning) (England) Regulations 2012 (as amended)
2. Agree the draft Staines Development Framework for public consultation
3. Agree that public consultation for both the Pre-Submission Publication version of the Local Plan and draft Staines Development Framework run from 15 June 2022 to 5 September 2022
4. Agree that the Local Plan Task Group and the Staines Development Task Group consider the specific requirements around the most appropriate public consultation mechanisms
5. Authorise the Strategic Planning Manager to make minor changes and corrections to the documents prior to publication, in consultation with the Chair and Vice Chair of Environment and Sustainability Committee
A recorded vote was requested.
Proposed Refurbishment of 3 Roundwood Avenue, Stockley Park
This report seeks to recommend approval for the tendering of a design and build contract covering the refurbishment of the ground floor offices and reception area at 3 Roundwood Avenue, Stockley Park.
This report contains exempt information within the meaning of Part 1 of Schedule 12A to the Local Government Act 1972, as amended by the Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985 and by the Local Government (Access to information) (Variation) Order 2006 Paragraph 3 – Information relating to the financial or business affairs of any particular person (including the authority holding that information) and in all the circumstances of the case, the public interest in maintaining the exemption outweighs the public interest in disclosing the information because, disclosure to the public would prejudice the financial position of the authority in any lease, contract or other type of negotiation with the tenant or developer, who could then know the position of the Council.
It was proposed by Councillor A. Mitchell, seconded by Councillor C. Barnard and resolved that the public and press be excluded during consideration of this item in accordance paragraph 3 of Schedule 12A of the Local Government Act 1972 (as amended) because it was likely to disclose information relating to the financial or business affairs of any particular person (including the authority holding that information) and in all the circumstances of the case, the public interest in maintaining the exemption outweighs the public interest in disclosing the information because, disclosure to the public would prejudice the financial position of the authority in any lease, contract or other type of negotiation with the tenant or developer, who could then know the position of the Council.
It was proposed by Councillor R. Smith-Ainsley, seconded by Councillor L. Nichols and resolved to:
1. Approve a budget as detailed in the exempt report including professional fees but excluding VAT for the refurbishment project, and the tendering of the contract in accordance with Contract Standing Orders.
2. Delegate authority to the Chief Executive, following consultation with the Chair of the Corporate Policy and Resources Committee and the Chair of the Development Sub-Committee, to appoint a contractor following a competitive tender exercise and evaluation/recommendation from the Assets team.