This page lists the meetings for Standards Committee.
The Standards Committee is made up of 9 councillors and two independent members who sit as the Chair and Vice-Chair of the Committee.
The Committee meets three times a year to undertake the following matters on behalf of the Council:
· to devise such further protocols and procedures as are necessary for the efficient management of complaints which have to be considered by a hearings panel;
· to consult with the Independent Person on any matters which have broad implications for the promotion of high standards by the Council;
· to make recommendations to Council on standing orders for the registration and declaration of Disclosable Pecuniary Interests and other interests; and,
· to make recommendations to Council on any revisions to the Members’ Code of Conduct and the registration of interests.
· To promote, manage and agree a programme of member development.
Prior to 27 May 2021 the Standards Committee was known as the Members Code of Conduct Committee. The details of this Committee can be found here.